Thursday, July 31, 2008

Noise cancelling headphones would be fantastic!

Tonight will be our first attempt at laying the boy down after he eats and waiting for him to sleep on his own. Sounds simple enough, right? Well, it is only 9:41 pm and he is already really cranky. As I type, he is doing my favorite whine. I am sure that in the next hour I will need to set up the monitor, so we can watch the red line shoot to the highest setting, all the while, listening to some calming music on my headphones to avoid his sad puppy dog cry. Wish me luck...if all the books are right, maybe only a week of torture until he sleeps a respectable 6-8 hours without waking.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I used to just put her to bed, knowing it was sleep time, stick on the ipod and go about my business for a hours or so. Im not sure it was the nicest thing to do - but whatever stopped me from going nuts is good enough for me!!