Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Around the Bend and Across the Pond


Around the Bend and Across the Pond, originally uploaded by uberstitch.


I just finished up my center block for "The Awesome Rawsome Round Robin Group" which is part of the larger Across the Pond and around the Bend group on Flickr. It was a little time consuming, but not quite as hard as it looks. It was dome with a paper piecing technique from the book  Intuitive Color & Design, Adventures in Art Quilting, by Jean Wells.   I did have to rip and redo a few times, but overall it was a fun experience, and it has been a while since I'd done any paper piecing. And I need some practice, as I have an "ode to John Keats" block to paper/free piece for the Pastiche Bee this weekend. I'll be back to post that one, hopefully later this weekend.

8 comments:

Molly said...

Fabulous block! Paper piecing seems intimidating to me but it's next on my "to conquer" list. This has really inspired me.

carol said...

Pam, I love it! I'm going to get my book out again...but first, I have to think where I put it. lol

dolores said...

My sis-in-law gave me an art quilt book by her for xmas....sooo awesome as is your center....I have a long time before I get it in my hands....then watch out!:)

Lynz said...

I SO love this, Pam. It is just........brilliant. Clever girl!

Lynz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Albright said...

I was just "googling" around and came across the photo of your beautiful center block for your RR group. I think we must live in parallel universes. Earlier in January I used Jean Wells' book as inspiration for creating a center block for my first RR quilt. And, I sent almost identical comments about the piecing, ripping and resewing to the next person in my RR group. It was a great learning experience.

Let me know if you are curious to see a photo.

Susan in Portland, Oregon

WesternWilson said...

Tee hee...Susan really did send a twin block and comments to her next RR partner, ME! You both did fabulous jobs. I have the Jean Wells book and now I will have to tackle this block too. Inspiration all around!

Pam said...

I would love to see a photo of your quilt Susan. You email is not on your profile, or I would have contacted you directly. Thanks for stopping by.